Make Sauna Not War coffee mug, 11oz: What a Desk-side Peace Treaty Taught Me About Arguing Less

Make Sauna Not War coffee mug, 11oz showed up on my desk the same week I finally cleaned it off. There's a joke in there somewhere. My wife says my desk is a monument to postponed decisions. She's not wrong. But now there's a mug on it that says Make Sauna Not War, and honestly, it kind of reframes the whole office situation. Here's the thing nobody tells you about working from home in Minnesota. The hardest part isn't the work. It's the 2pm email that reads a little sharper than it was probably meant. I used to fire back something equally sharp. Then I'd sit there rereading it. Now I do something different. I go sit in the sauna for a bit, or at least I plan to by the time the workday's done. My grandfather had a version of this. Anytime the family argue got loud at the lake cabin, he'd just say one word, sauna, and walk toward the woodshed. Nobody followed him mad. You can't. The heat takes it out of you before you get there. That's what I low-key love about this mug. It's a desk-side reminder that most arguments aren't worth having, and the ones that are can wait until after you've thrown some water on the rocks. My daughter saw it and asked if we could cancel her brother. I said that's not how it works, but the sentiment is right. It's eleven ounces of ceramic, dishwasher safe, which matters because I never hand-wash anything. Coffee tastes the same in it. Somehow everything tastes calmer. No joke, that's probably just me being weird about it. Anyway, if you want to file your own peace scoop, check out the posts below. Worth a scroll. Peace, filed and printed on ceramic.

Also posted on:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally, my first post!